Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Students that attend an inner city school would benefit from their parents, if the parents took a more active role in their child’s education.  Such as, reading to their child daily or their child reading to the parent daily will increase their vocabulary.

3 comments:

  1. I hope I was a help to you today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you! I am from a small town and the public school took a hit a couple of years ago and we lost 20 calendars days. I was at the meeting and the parents was outraged and I was too but we had different views. They felt that it was an unfair to them b/c the kids would have more time off. I thought it was unfair to the kids because the kids I worked with only had me and what we did at school. I use to read to them and help after hours with homework. A lot of parents think we as educators set the foundation for success but it actually starts at home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree parents need to be active in their child's education. Educating your children does start at home its a major part of their foundation.

    ReplyDelete